Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Malaysia's 13th General Elections

So far, the result haven't changed yet. Lots of people were kind of disappointed. That include me.

It is my first time ever participate in general election. I'm on the 'opposition' side, what the media use to call. But what I will cite it as WE (read : we).

3 May 2013

I'm not just taking part in voting, but also with the campaigning. Two night before the election WE go for a convoy. Drive trough the night all the way in Alor Setar, my home town. It was actually not planned. I just came back from karaoke with my siblings. We finished at 2  a.m. It's kind of family trait not to be able to sleep early. Then we decide to go to the Dataran opposites Masjid Zahir. We saw lots of cars and bikes with flags and banners. So, we take one flags at the roadsides (which is illegal) and start following the convoy. There were so many of us. Almost 100 of us. All youth.  
        Only four girls, which  are me, and my other 3 sisters. Thank God nothing happened. First time it felt so secure even all the other participants were all guy. But most of them didn't aspect there were girls following the convoy. We were just waving the flags from inside the car. My friends was there too. So coincidence. WE went to Jitra, Kuala Kedah, Kepala Batas and so on. The night when off and WE went back at 5 a.m. Almost Subuh. The excitement was not yet finish.

4 May 2013

That day we went out earlier. about 9 PM. So excited. Not forgetting the flag. Wave all the way Jalan Langgar till Jalan Pegawai. Jalan Pegawai is where my younger sister works. She off from work at 12 a.m. We went there to fetch her up from work. That 'fetch' thing was just an excuse actually. We went first for another convoy. Not actually convoy to be exact. WE just drove by from Jalan Pegawai to Jalan Stadium. When back and forth trough that route honking at each other. Well my words won't take you there. You have to fell it yourself! Lucky me. Went fetching my sister at 12.00 am. We continue our 'things'. Got more guts. All sort of genders, age, race were all one that night. Only one thought we have. 'TOWARDS A BETTER MALAYSIA'. 'inikalilah', 'ubah' were the only word that out from our mouth. Untill 4 a.m. Then we went home. Satisfied. Saying out loud what we want.

The next day I went to vote. My district WE win. But the total vote is not with us (WE). But there's always next time. It's not us who decide to win. It's ALLAH's will and there must be a reason.

1 comment: